Used Book Sale
Used Books Wanted!!
Is it time to clean-out your collection of mystery novels? Have your children lost interest in some of the books in your home library?
Well pack-em up and bring them to collection box in the Hillside Lobby. Going on now Hillside PTO will be collecting donations of gently used books, CD's and DVD's, Board games and Electronic Games (must be rated E (everyone)) for used book sales- usually in March or April.
Please take a moment to look through your books to donate and ensure that the books are in good condition and do not have pages torn and doodles. It takes our volunteers hours to sort out unsellable books, so please help out and look through your books carefully before donating. We are looking for donations of:
- Fiction and non-fiction for teenage (young adult) and grown-up readers
- Children’s fiction and non-fiction
- Picture books and leveled readers
- Unused Activity/coloring books
- Baby board books (must be in good condition and no chew marks)
- *In special demand – children's chapter books (especially books in series)
- Movies on DVD (Rated G or PG only) (sorry we can’t accept movies on VHS)
- Children's Music on CD’s (sorry we can’t accept music on cassette tapes)
- Books on CD (sorry we can't accept books on cassette tapes)
- Flash card sets/ unused workbooks
- Board games (please make sure all pieces are in the box)
- Electronic games MUST BE RATED E for everyone (Wii, DS, Playstation, Xbox, etc.)
Friends, family, and neighbors are encouraged to donate books so pass on the word. Donations can also be dropped off at the side door of Marisol Puyana’s house at 2314 Brookshire Drive
Thank you in advance for your generous donations! Unsold books will be retained for future sales or donated to a children's charity or nursing home.
For questions or if you would like to volunteer to help with the used book sales please contact PTO volunteer Marisol Puyana email@example.com
The Used B
ook Sale was a great success as well. Many pancake breakfast induced food-comas were averted by hunting through the carefully organized tables of used books. It was wonderful to see kids and adults alike excited to select a “new to me” book.Thank you to our Used Book Sale Committee, Chairperson Anne Skrebutenas, and members Monica Schwarz and Bethany Hoogs for all of their hard work on this event!
We also want to thank Jeanne Foti, Jacquie Gallo, Michelle Esposito, and Caroline Skrebutenas for their help. The Used Book Sale raised $417 for Hillside. In addition to enriching Hillside, other organizations benefitted from the books generously donated by Hillside families. Books that were not sold were donated to: Rosa Verenini Early Childhood Center, Schenectady; Capital District Beginnings (multiple locations); Schoharie County UPK program; Mount Pleasant Middle School, Schenectady; Schenectady Public Library (Adult books); Hillside’s 1000 Book Program; and Hillside’s Media Center.